Sunday, October 12, 2014

Buffalo Chicken Schnitzel

Q.  What do you do when you’re watching the games on Sunday?

I eat! 

I guess like most Americans do when they sit down to watch America’s second favorite sports pastime (I’m still a baseball fan).  And since I’m from Buffalo, home of the spicy pegulavillewing and the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres, I usually eat wings.   

Today, maybe because it’s a new day in the history of my beloved Buffalo Bills, maybe because Orchard Park, NY, home of The Ralph, has now become Pegulaville, perhaps because I just wanted to do something different, I did just that -- I took a chicken schnitzel recipe, from Bon Appetit, which I had used on a few occasions and modified it to make what I call Buffalo Chicken Schnitzel. 

It’s an easy recipe, simple to make, and it’s really delicious, if I do say so myself. Here’s the recipe and some pictures so you can see what yours should look like.  These are pictures I took myself so you can see the steps I took.

Buffalo Chicken Schnitzel

Ingredients:

  • 2 4-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut in half (butterfly) and pounded to 1/8 inch thickness
  • 1 ounce TJ Gallivan’s Buffalo Wide Right seasoning
  • Ground Black Pepper
  • 1 cup flour
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 ounces of TJ Gallivan’s 1-2-3 Heat Cayenne Pepper Sauce
  • 2 cups (or more) panko bread crumbs
  • 1 TBSP canola oil
  • 2 TBSP butter

IMG_2020_edited-1Method

  1. Split the breasts and pound with meat hammer or other implement to get to 1/8 inch thickness.
  2. Season chicken breasts with a liberal amount of TJ Gallivan’s Buffalo Wide Right seasoning and black pepper.
  3. Wrap in plastic wrap and set aside for  1 hour 
  4. Beat eggs and add the TJ Gallivan’s 1-2-3 heat in a shallow dish.
  5. IMG_2021Put flour in a shallow dish to dredge the chicken
  6. Put 1 cup of panko and the remaining Buffalo Wide Right in a shallow dish.
  7. Working with 1 chicken breast at a time, dredge in flour, coat completely and shake off excess, then dip the chicken breast in the egg/hot sauce mixture, make sure the breast is completely covered; coat the chicken with the panko bread crumbs, pressing the breast in to completely over. Set aside on a plate. Repeat. Add panko as necessary. IMG_2023
  8. Heat 1 TBSP oil and 1 TBSP butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remember the no-stick hint, “hot pan, cold oil.” Pan should be large enough to hold the 4 pieces of chicken.
  9. Add the breasts to the pan and cook until golden brown on both sides, which is about 2-3 minutes on each side.
  10. Serve with lemon wedges and parsley as garnish, with portions of bleu cheese and hot sauce.IMG_2024

The products used here are available if you’d like to use them to start your own food business, or in your restaurant, as well. If you have your own products and you want to market then, please let us help you with the approval process of going from Your Kitchen to the Marketplace.

TJ Gallivan

© foodproductlaunch.com 2014 All Rights Reserved.  We encourage you to repost this blog in its entirety.  If you choose to use portions of it…give credit where credit is due.

No comments:

Post a Comment