Saturday, September 6, 2014

Angry Italians

Considering that, along with TJ Gallivan himself, yours truly will be likely writing this blog for the long haul, I figure it's time I introduce myself. I'm Joel Durham Jr, a half-Italian guy with a Jewish first name and an English surname. I mention the nationalities to assure you that, although my name doesn't sound very Mediterranean, my mom's side of the family is full of surnames like Bianchi, Cocuzzi, Corleone, Ferrari, and such. My late grandma Bianchi made the finest pasta sauce on the planet. It was smooth, tangy, and delicious!

tjgallivans-09webI learned from Mr. Gallivan, however, that pasta sauces can be as angry as the famous Italian temper. In fact, TJ Gallivan's Arrabbiata pasta sauce has a startling, and then oh-so-satisfying, kick of spice that you wouldn't normally associate with such sauces. Arrabbiata is the Italian word for angry, but don't fear the TJ Gallivan's sauce - while undeniably spicy, it's as full of well-balanced flavors as the other two pasta sauces under the banner.

But why "Angry?" Of all the words to describe a bold sauce, why that?

Well, Italian folks are sometimes known for their tempers. I can attest to that because I witnessed it sometimes, when the unwieldy large family would get together.

Italian men have this amazing ability to blow off steam with some of what other people might consider a brutal throw-down, complete with fisticuffs and some seriously choice language. It's nothing to the two or so guys involved. They get mad, argue, shout, rough each other up a little, forget what they were angry about, laugh it off, and make up over a pasta meal. The guys are fine. It's the women you want to worry about.

tjgallivans-02webKidding, Mom!

Regardless of the arguments, everyone's usually happy when dinner's served. Whether it's my grandma's sauce flavoring up the pasta, meatballs, manicotti, ravioli, tortellini, or what have you, or whether it's TJ Gallivan's Arrabbiata pasta sauce, all the riled nerves around the table are sure to be soothed. It's the taste buds that TJ Gallivan's Arrabbiata sauce excites!

(Oh, and full disclosure: I was kidding, I'm not really a Corleone.)

Don’t forget that we can help you do what TJ did and that is to manufacture your very own homemade delicacy, whether it’s a condiment, dressing, marinade, sauce, or salsa, let foodproductlaunch.com help you with the process of going from Your Kitchen to the Marketplace.

Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment